We are thrilled to announce the opening of our Brooklyn Institute for Fall 2021 Hybrid: In-Person/Online. The Brooklyn Institute is located at 525 Pacific Street, steps from the Atlantic Avenue/Barclay’s Center subway hub: B, D, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, 5, LIRR, as well as the G at Fulton Street, and the A, C at Hoyt/Schermerhorn.
This Hybrid: In-Person/Online schedule will complement our current online Zoom classes that you have become accustomed to: Click Here to see our full Fall 2021 Daily Class Schedule.
When looking at our Daily Class Schedule, you’ll notice that Hybrid Classes are listed as Hybrid: In-Person then right underneath Hybrid: Online. Please remember to book for the right version of the class.
Please join us and gather, once-again, with your teachers and fellow students in a safe and welcoming environment.
Fall 2021 Hybrid: In-Person/Online Daily Classes
- 8:45am – General/All Levels with Bobby Clennell
- 6:30pm – General/All Levels with Santiago Hernandez
- 12:00pm – Level 1/Beginners with Tori Milner
- 6:30pm – General/All Levels with Hector Martinez
- 11:30am – Level 1/Beginners with Deidra Demens
- 12:30pm – Level 4 with James Murphy
- 6:30pm – Level 1/Beginners with Mimi Visser
- 5:00pm – General/All Levels with James Murphy
- 9:00am – Level 1/Beginners with James Murphy
- 8:00am – Level 3 & Up with James Murphy
- 12:00pm – General/All Levels with Nil Akin
- 11:30am – Level 3 & Up with Tori Milner
Hybrid: In-Person Only Daily Class Pricing*
- 10 Class Card: $200 Members / $230 Non-Members
- 5 Class Card: $105 Members / $120 Non-Members
- Single Class: $22 Members / $25 Non-Members
*Hybrid: Online and Online Only Daily Class Pricing remains the same. Click Here to see our full list of pricing.
Community Care Guidelines
We are excited to welcome you, our dear community back into our Institute – the physical home of our Association. We want to provide a safe and welcoming space for you, our Students, Teachers, and Staff. For that reason, we ask that you practice empathy, kindness and respect within the space. After a long and challenging 18 months, please recognize that members of our community have different levels of comfort and risks to assess when taking class. Please observe the following Community Care Guidelines in addition to our COVID-19 Protocols:
- Respect personal space and be mindful of the space you occupy in relation to others.
- Be patient. Things may take a little longer. We are all adjusting and working through this together.
- Be gentle with yourself and others as we are all navigating these uncharted waters.
- Practice good personal hygiene and consider your interactions with teachers and others.
- If you need anything or would like to share feedback, please speak with your teacher or email email@example.com.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, or are not comfortable with wearing a mask in class, please continue to enjoy taking our online classes through Zoom.
- Even if you pre-register, please do not join class in-person if you do not feel well or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, whether you are vaccinated or not. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to credit you back your class.
- All Staff, Students and Teachers will be required to show proof of vaccination: in one of the following forms: (i) CDC Vaccination Card; (ii) NYC Vaccination Record; (iii) New York Excelsior Pass, Excelsior Pass Plus, of NYC COVID Safe; or (iv) New Jersey Docket.
- All Staff, Students and Teachers will be required to wear masks as per current CDC recommendations.
- In-person Studio capacity will be limited to 12 students (50% overall capacity).
- Students will have to pre-register online to reserve/secure their space before arriving for class.
- Classes in Brooklyn will be taught in a “hybrid” format, meaning that up to 12 students may be present in the Studio while Zoom students will be able to connect remotely.
- Students and Teachers are encouraged to bring their own mat.
- Students and Teachers may bring a small towel for personal use to cover bolsters, blankets and blocks.
- Studio floors will be pre-marked for student mat placement and distance guidelines.
- Changing rooms will be limited to four people at a time; the 4th Avenue Studio may be available for overflow if necessary and when space allows.
- Windows will remain open and air purifiers will be in place in each Studio and in the ladies changing room.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the space.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided to wipe down props if you choose.
- Frequently used areas will be cleaned and wiped down by staff regularly each day.
- Studios, changing areas, bathrooms and common spaces will be cleaned professionally nightly.
- Blankets and bolster covers will be laundered once a month.
- Beyond any items that IYAGNY has committed to cleaning as outlined above, you should assume that the item has not been cleaned and use it at your own risk.
Positive COVID-19 Case Guidelines
We will be collecting contact information from all in-person attendees at any class. The purpose is to allow us to notify you if we learn that you have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Any student who is infected or anyone identified as a close contact with someone who has tested positive may be asked to refrain from participating in any in-person classes for a period of time. If notified of a positive case, we will take all appropriate measures around cleaning, quarantining, or closing, depending on the circumstances.
While COVID-19 guidelines are in flux, we will continue to adapt and update our own guidelines accordingly. As you navigate using the space in-person, we welcome your feedback and ideas. Please send them to email@example.com