The Iyengar Yoga Institutes of New York and Brooklyn offers daily live Iyengar Yoga classes delivered virtually through zoom.us a free video conferencing software.
The classes will are appropriate for practitioners of all levels. The format will be simplified with fewer props and may incorporate common household areas and furniture.
Live-online classes are offered in real time with you, the teacher and other students connecting virtually through video conferencing software. You will be able to see the teacher and interact with them. And if you choose, the teacher can see you too! There will be time after class to interact with the group and ask questions. Our teachers are all committed to being there for you.
|5 Class Card|
The Iyengar Yoga Association of Greater New York (IYAGNY) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the art, science, and philosophy of Iyengar Yoga.
If you are so moved, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support IYAGNY so that we may continue to foster our community dedicated to the study and practice of Iyengar Yoga, online and beyond.
Any amount that you are able to donate is deeply appreciated. Thank you for your support.
What is LIVE-ONLINE?
Live-online classes are offered in real time with a live teacher and other students connecting virtually through video conferencing software. We are using zoom.us which is free to download and can be accessed through a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
How do I register for classes?
- You can register like you always do online HERE. Please make sure to register at least 30 minutes before class starts.
- You will get your unique Zoom link 15-minutes before class.
- Keep checking our website for updates as this is an evolving situation.
Preparing for Your LIVE-ONLINE Class
- Clear a space and have your mat and props available. If you don’t have yoga props, then have something that resembles them: for example you can use an actual belt or a belt tie and a regular chair or furniture in your home.
- Let your family or roommates know that you will be in session and ask if they can refrain from disturbing you for the duration.
- OR invite your family and children to participate! Since you’re on mute, you won’t be disturbing anyone.
- Turn off notifications and any devices that you aren’t using to view the class
- 15 minutes before class you will get the unique zoom link. Click on that and you are in!
- You will enjoy the class most if you view in “full screen” mode. At the end of class you may want to say hello to everyone here in “gallery” mode
How do I use zoom?
- Fifteen minutes before class we will send you a personalized link for you to get into the class.
- Before class, go to zoom.us and download and install the app on your device. For the best experience you will want to join from a device that has a video camera and microphone. This way, we can see and hear you.
- You will be automatically muted during the session unless the teacher opens up a conversation. This is to help with sound quality. There is also a chat function in zoom where you can raise your hand with questions or issues. We will try to have a proctor monitoring the chat section for all of our classes so the teacher can focus on teaching.
- If you would like the teacher to see you and your practice, then keep your video camera on. If you would like to practice privately then you can turn your video camera off. You can also scroll through and see everyone else who is in the class with you by going to gallery view.
We Value Your Feedback
Please direct any questions or comments to email@example.com.