What is LIVE-ONLINE?
Live-online classes are offered in real time with a live teacher and other students connecting virtually through video conferencing software. We are using zoom.us which is free to download and can be accessed through a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Preparing for Your LIVE-ONLINE Class
- Clear a space and have your mat and props available. If you don’t have yoga props, then have something that resembles them: for example you can use an actual belt or a belt tie and a regular chair or furniture in your home.
- Let your family or roommates know that you will be in session and ask if they can refrain from disturbing you for the duration.
- OR invite your family and children to participate! Since you’re on mute, you won’t be disturbing anyone.
- Turn off notifications and any devices that you aren’t using to view the class
- 15 minutes before class you will get the unique zoom link. Click on that and you are in!
- You will enjoy the class most if you view in “full screen” mode. At the end of class you may want to say hello to everyone here in “gallery” mode
How do I use zoom?
- Fifteen minutes before class we will send you a personalized link for you to get into the class.
- Before class, go to zoom.us and download and install the app on your device. For the best experience you will want to join from a device that has a video camera and microphone. This way, we can see and hear you.
- You will be automatically muted during the session unless the teacher opens up a conversation. This is to help with sound quality. There is also a chat function in zoom where you can raise your hand with questions or issues.
- If you would like the teacher to see you and your practice, then keep your video camera on. If you would like to practice privately then you can turn your video camera off. You can also scroll through and see everyone else who is in the class with you by going to gallery view.
- To help you troubleshoot through any technical issues visit the Zoom Help Center or email email@example.com.