Ways to Contribute
2014 Campaign for The Institute of New York
Donate to our Brooklyn Initiative
Named Giving and Sponsorship Opportunities
Annual Fund Gifts
Gifts in Honor and Memory
Mary Dunn Fund
Our beloved center of study and practice, The Iyengar Institute of New York, must relocate in 2014 and we need your help to make our new home a reality. We have set a goal of $350,000 to support the one-time costs of relocation and construction of a new Institute on the 2nd floor of our current building at 150 West 22nd St. A successful move will only be possible through the participation of our full community of members, students, and partners. We are kicking off a 2014 Campaign year full of events, celebrations and opportunities to advance IYAGNY’s mission, build our community and help write the next chapter in our storied history. Join us!
- Become a 2014 Member at any level starting at the $65 Tadasana Level or higher and enjoy all of the benefits of Iyengar Membership. Learn more…
- Donations at any level are welcome via our secure MINDBODY account. Click here and select “Donation” in the drop-down menu.
- Association Angel: We are looking for 300 “Association Angels” to renew their membership this year at the $950 Natarajasana Level (or higher!) for B.K.S. Iyengar’s 95th Birthday! Learn more…
- B.K.S. Bundlers: Take the lead and organize a group of your fellow members and students to join together and contribute toward a major group gift. Learn more…
- Give $95 for Guruji’s 95th Birthday! In honor of living master and inspiration B.K.S. Iyengar celebrating his 95th Birthday this year, we are asking all Members to consider giving a one-time donation of $95 Learn more…
Iyengar Yoga Association of Greater New York is delighted to provide the following opportunities to donors who wish to restrict their gifts of $2,500 or more to a particular program or activity that resonates with their philanthropic goals. Donors will be recognized in our annual report, website and special event programs. When appropriate, sponsorship opportunities will bear your name or the name of a loved one. Donors may also choose to remain anonymous. Following are annual and multi-year giving opportunities that can be paid in full or pledged to pay over time.
• Sponsor a year’s worth of community gatherings for teachers, students and family members, including lectures, demonstrations, film screenings and outings. ($2,500)
• Contribute to a Targeted Fund at the Institute. Gifts of $5,000 or more can be directed to a specific program or activity of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Greater New York, to support operating expenses of three key program areas:
– Scholarships to provide financial support to students of all ages and abilities who could not otherwise participate, due to their financial situation.
– Teacher Training and Continuing Education to support educational activity that nurtures the development of our certified Iyengar Yoga instructors.
– Outreach to support promotional opportunities and activities that heighten the visibility of Iyengar yoga and the Association and increase access to the philosophy and practice of Iyengar yoga, including teacher participation in public events and venues.
• Underwrite the cost of upgrading our office computers and servers. ($15,000)
• Sponsor our Archive Project. Funds will be used to preserve audio and VHS tapes of classes and lectures and transfer them to CD and DVD format, catalogue these items as well as books and other publications, and make this resource available online. ($20,000)
• Sponsor a series of free yoga classes for people with specific needs, including
- Breast Cancer Survivors ($5,000 for six months/$10,000 for one year)
– People Living with HIV ($5,000 for six months/$10,000 for one year)
– Veterans ($5,000 for six months/$10,000 for one year)
– Amputees ($10,000 for six months/$20,000 for one year)
• Sponsor a Specific Needs Class and help provide training to assistant teachers in particular, who gain invaluable knowledge about working with students with specific conditions and diseases. ($20,000 for six months or $40,000 for one year)
• Underwrite the cost of a new website and enhanced social media program. ($25,000)
• Underwrite a Community Teaching Program and help us connect with new students at non-profit organizations, such as community and senior centers. Funds will be used for program staff costs and stipends to teachers who lead free, on-going Iyengar Yoga classes in unique settings across the region.
• Underwrite our expansion by establishing a satellite facility in another location within our region. Funds will be used to acquire and renovate a new studio and pay rent and other operational expenses
for year one. ($50,000)
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact Oliver Luisi, Executive Director at
(212) 691-9642, ext. 100 or email@example.com.
Many companies match employees’ contributions to non-profit organizations. Please submit a matching gift form with your membership payment.
Contributions above or beyond your membership gift provide crucial funds that will allow the Association to meet its goals. Donors of $1,000 and above will be recognized at the Institute and on the IYAGNY website.
Honor a special teacher, loved one or family member or remember someone important to you by giving a gift on their behalf. Your gift will be acknowledged with a card informing the person or family of your thoughtfulness.
Mary Dunn was the first director of the Iyengar Yoga Institute of New York, which she helped to establish in 1992. She was also a founder of the Iyengar Association of Greater New York (IYAGNY), which turns 25 in 2012. Mary headed the Institute’s teacher training program and was Senior Teacher, primary instructor and senior authority for dozens of teachers. Mary’s intelligent study and skill as a teacher introduced thousands of students to the art and science of Iyengar Yoga. The Mary Dunn Fund creates a committed pool of resources to continue Mary’s life-long work for excellence in teaching and the spread of Iyengar Yoga at the global, national and local levels. Click here for more information.
IYAGNY depends upon the selfless service of its volunteers. If you are interested in working on the newsletter, public relations and marketing, membership drives, data entry or special events, please let us know. Click to download a Volunteer form.
Do you have talents to share with our organization? Complete an application and send along with a copy of your resume and we will be in touch if there is a work study position for you; limited positions available. Click here to download a Work Study Application
FOR MORE INFORMATION on membership, volunteering or other ways to support the Association, please email firstname.lastname@example.org